Any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Valco Melton, 497 Circle Fwy Dr., West Chester, OH 45246, USA, Attention: Data Protection Officer.
1. Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you when you communicate with us through the Site or social media, when you access the Site, or when you call or email us. We also may obtain information about you from our subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, and from publicly available sources.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information and demographic information (such as zip or postal code and company name), if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information or demographic information in order to read the content portions of the Site.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on the Site.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Site, and pages and URLs that visitors view once they leave our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Site.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Provide warranty registration information.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests; enable you to communicate with us through social media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site and social media assets.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer (including your IP address) and your accessing the Site in order to operate, maintain and manage the Site. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
3. Information We Share
We do not share, sell, trade, or license your Personal Information to any unrelated third parties for their marketing use. However, we may share Personal Information with our service providers, including digital marketing companies, who help us in the delivery of our products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Valco Melton also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Valco Melton or other users of the Site.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets, or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization.
4. About Cookies
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Site can send to your browser, which can then be stored on your computer's hard drive so we can recognize you upon your return to our Site. Our cookies do not contain any Personal Information, but they do enable us to provide specific features to you when visiting our Site. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Should you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may limit the functionality we can provide during your visit to our Site.
5. Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Valco Melton and may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Valco Melton, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
Valco Melton maintains appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and the internet generally.
7. GDPR Compliance
Data Subject Rights. The GDPR provides certain rights to online users located in EU countries, referred to in the regulation as “data subjects.” You may withdraw your consent to processing of your data by clicking the Unsubscribe Link at the bottom of this page. If you wish to confirm that Valco Melton is processing your personal data, or wish to access personal data Valco Melton may possess about you, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also request information about the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data stored; who outside Valco Melton might have received the data; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by Valco Melton if it is inaccurate. Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that Valco Melton erase that data or cease processing it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request that Valco Melton cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. When technically feasible, Valco Melton will, at your request, provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another data controller. You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in your country of residence.
8. Data Storage, Retention and Security
Your personal data is stored by Valco Melton on its servers, and on the servers of cloud-based database management services it engages. Valco Melton maintains servers in the United States and in the EU. Valco Melton retains data for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with Valco Melton, for the purposes indicated in this Policy, or for such other period as may be permitted or required by law, whichever is longest.
Valco Melton uses industry standard measures to maintain the security of your personal information both during data collection and data storage. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us. You acknowledge and assume the risk when communicating with us that security of your online information may be compromised.
9. California, USA Residents
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of any of the Site, you can request a copy of this information from Valco Melton by sending an email to email@example.com or a letter to Valco Melton at 497 Circle Fwy Dr., West Chester, OH 45246, Attention: Data Protection Officer. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
11. Updates to our Policy / Applicability
12. How to Contact Us