May 2014, New Melt On Demand Kube Combines Flexibility and Retrofitting Capabilities in the Latest Hot Melt Dispensing System
The only one of its kind to feature three different machine mount configurations to optimize adhesive dispensing performance while using any adhesive brand
Valco Melton continues to spearhead the packaging industry with the launch of its new melt on demand, hot melt dispensing system, the Kube. The new packaging melter will be making its debut during Interpack 2014 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Designed to allow customers to use the same unit for all their packaging needs, the Kube helps improve system operation by removing degradation problems, as well as minimizing maintenance and downtime associated with gluing systems.
Ideally suited for meeting the requirements of the food and beverage industries, customers utilizing the new Kube can expect to benefit from the following key features:
- Customized installation with multiple configurations
- Unlike other melt on demand or “tankless” systems, the Kube is engineered to operate with three different mount systems (panel, machine and split), making it suitable for both new machine installations, as well as system upgrades/replacements.
- Melt on demand promotes adhesive stability and reduces char by only melting adhesive as needed
- High-output melting grid is capable of melting up to 9-12kg per hour and pumping more than 30kg per hour.
- Ability to run up to 6 hoses/guns, compared to leading competitors, which are limited to 4.
- Enclosed system with integrated auto feed keeps out dirt and debris.
- Manual fill option circumvents the need for shutting down the production line in case of emergency or repair.
- Short stroke pneumatic and electric applicators result in fewer plugged nozzles and part changes
- Market compatible connections for competitive hot melt systems minimize spare parts stock and allow for quick installation.
- Features an assortment of hot melt gun options including the ME dual acting guns, MKF Miniguns and EcoStitch™ guns, which offer individualized solutions to bring efficiency and uptime to any packaging operation.
“From a maintenance manager’s perspective, no news is good news when it comes to equipment and this has been the story with the Kube,” says Víctor Ciaurriz, maintenance manager at Kaiku Dairy. “Since install, it’s been plug and play. We’re thrilled with the results we’re seeing with zero maintenance and no more plugged nozzles, and look forward to utilizing the Kube throughout our facility.”
The Kube will be on display at Interpack in Düsseldorf, Germany, May 8–14, 2014. Stop by Stand E12, Hall 14 to speak with a Valco Melton representative, or visit us at http://delivr.com/2yq69 for more information on how the Kube can benefit your line’s efficiency today.